Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Swing of Things

I rode the metro to school by myself. I know people say that the best way to learn is to make mistakes and to be corrected but I don't like sounding like a four year old trying to speak Russian in class.

I fell asleep yesterday at 8:00 pm and woke up at 7 this morning. It was really weird. This room is freezing cold and everytime I come back home the dog tries to take off his muzzle and I'm worried one day he's going to get it off.

On the bright side! The bath water was really really hot! I was thinking that it would be 3rd world cold but it was good and warm.

And this place has the most God-awful musty smell. Partly cause of all the animals (Dog, Cat, turtle...) and partly just cause it's an old busted building. My apartment isn't that bad but outside of here coming up the stairs or the elevator it smells like urine and cigarets.

I bought 3 green apples from this gypsy. They were only 45 rubles (about a $1.50) she was very nice. I think I will buy fresh produce from her often cause she's on my way to school.

There are a lot of farmers that stand around the city trying to sell their produce. It's like every 50 paces there's a small set up where I can buy apples, chives, celery, potatoes, carrots... Stuff like that.

I got my Russian cell phone today. The School gives them to us with 100 rubles credit on there and we can add more rubles as needed.

I think I saw a black person but I'm not sure... They were moving quickly and wearing a hood.

Anyway, I have to run and get breakfast. 3 eggs. toast. and water/juice. every morning. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment