Sunday, July 5, 2009

I Don't Wanna





Chinese English
















Metro










Beautiful station. Smelly European people.











Busted old apartment. Not mine but just a typical looking one.







When I was little, maybe 5 or 6 years old I used to not want to go to school. I would wake up cranky and tell my mama that I didn't want to go. Nevertheless, I eventually ended up going to Bluebonnet Academy that morning. Same thing here and now. I don't wanna go to class today right now. But I have to.

The hot water is back.

Also thanks to my membership at the Fitness House I look good without a shirt on again. I'm just saying... It also probably has a lot to do with the fact that I'm eating healthier too and not as much fast food (like none) and all the walking. My membership runs out in about a week.

I'm a country boy. Born and raised. For those that don't know me too well I grew up in a small town outside of Houston, Texas in a small neighborhood out in the country very much so isolated from city life. So I've never ridden the Metro or lived in an apartment in a big city. Things a lot of people are accustomed to are totally new to me. I love the Metro here and I think it's incredible but I'm just not a fan of all the other people packing in on there with me. I'd much rather drive a truck or a high end luxury Benz and listen to my own music on the way to school/work every morning. Also Here in this apartment the person living next to me plays the strangest music I've ever heard in the middle of the day. Making it virtually impossible to take a nap. Like really really weird music. REALLY weird music. At first I thought it was coming from this apartment but then I realized that it was not. It's the one next to me. I don't know which smell I hate more. The smell in my apartment or the one in the elevator and the stairs coming up here.

I say that to say this. I'm a country boy used to wide open spaces and freedom of mobility. This old busted smelly Soviet apartment and stinky, musty body odor people on the Metro is an annoyance of epic proportions.

Plus a lot of men here wear purses. Come on dude. Purses?

I met up with Ana last night and she really really REALLY helped me with my homework! I helped her with her English. I met her sister here who is very ditzy and looks similar to her but not quite like her. Kind of like me and Jared (my brother). Anyway, she's (her sister) the public relations manager for the most expensive, posh club in St. Petersburg. Word? Looks like my weekends here just got a little more fun. I don't have that many left by the way...

HAHAHA! The shirt! There's this Chinese girl in our group from China and she'll occasionally wear this shirt that says "whena starwinks rough glare14"! Basically it was made at a Chinese factory and they thought they were writing something clever or cool in English. HAHHAHA! I get the biggest kick out of it every time she wears it. Don't worry I'm not being mean to her or anything. She actually thinks it's funny too and she only bought it cause it had her favorite colors.

Obama is in the Moscow! I'll be treated significantly better because of the Obama buzz while he's here with is family.

I need to finish getting ready to head to class though.

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment